Our attorneys have advised countless project sponsors and financial institutions across the country in the development, purchase, sale, and financing of distributed and utility-scale renewable energy projects including solar, wind (on and off-shore), hydropower, combined heat and power, and transmission projects. Our history representing project developers, financial institutions and investors, specialty credit firms, and private equity extends to our founding. To round out its Project Finance practice, our attorneys now provide comprehensive tax counsel to tax equity investors and project sponsors entering into partnership flip transactions, sale-leasebacks, inverted leases and other lease financings.
Our attorneys bring to bear a holistic approach to each debt, equity, M&A, and hedge transaction, counseling clients in each legal area a project touches.
The Firm’s services include:
- Structuring project financings involving debt (construction, permanent, bridge, warehouse, and mezzanine), equity and preferred equity investments, tax equity investments, leasing, securitizations, and hedges;
- Negotiating complex renewable energy and infrastructure transaction documents including net metering offtake arrangements, utility power purchase agreements, corporate or virtual power purchase agreements, financial hedges for merchant projects such as fixed-volume price swaps or proxy revenue swaps, and co-development agreements;
- Advising clients on the acquisition or sale of individual renewable energy projects or project portfolios;
- Advising clients on international and cross-border developments of renewable energy projects;
- Identifying and mitigating financing and development risk; and
- Assisting with project and portfolio restructurings.
For more information about SPR’s Project Finance practice, please contact Marc Reisler.