Daniel Riesel and Pamela Esterman to Chair Upcoming Environmental Law Conference
On February 9-10, 2018, SPR principals Daniel Riesel and Pamela Esterman will co-chair the 48th annual ALI CLE Environmental Law Course in Washington, DC. The course, which is co-sponsored by ALI CLE and the Environmental Law Institute, will feature advanced-level presentations by senior public officials, distinguished law professors, seasoned private practitioners, and experienced public interest advocates.
In addition to chairing the course, Daniel Riesel will lead a panel on CERCLA and RCRA, and Pamela Esterman will lead a panel on ethical issues associated with environmental practice. Principal Kathy Robb will speak about recent developments in the Clean Water Act.
Additional panels will provide updates and explore recent trends in:
- The new administration and environmental law;
- Environmental aspects of energy production and generation;
- Supreme Court decisions;
- Developments under the Clean Air Act;
- TSCA, FIFRA, and chemical regulation;
- The Endangered Species Act and public lands;
- Due diligence and disclosure;
- Climate change;
- NEPA and environmental justice.
For those unable to attend the live conference in Washington, D.C., this program is also available via video webcast. For more detailed information and online registration, please visit the course website.